Jack-o-lantern nail art designs are perfect for decorating your nails for Halloween or the month of October. You can paint jack-o-lantern nail designs on your fingernails or toenails for a fun fall manicure and pedicure. Create spooky pumpkin nails or playful jack-o-lantern nails. You can paint Halloween nail art on one particular nail on each hand or on every nail, depending on your preference.
Whether you are a beginner or a more experienced nail artist, you can make your own lovely manicures and pedicures rather than going to the salon. Painting nail designs for Halloween can be a lot of fun, even if you are just practicing. Check out these tips to create cool Halloween pumpkin or jack-o-lantern nail designs.
Materials Needed for Jack-o-Lantern Nail Art Designs
Before you can begin your Halloween pumpkin nail designs, gather the following materials:
• Black Velvet nail polish for basecoat
• Pumpkin (Orange) nail polish
• Lemon Yellow nail polish
• Light Red nail polish
• Jade nail polish
• Clear nail polish for topcoat
Steps in Creating DIY Pumpkin or Jack-o-Lantern Nail Art
Pumpkins are one of the most common symbols of Halloween. Consider making your own pumpkin or jack-o-lantern nails for Halloween or the autumn season.
1. Apply two coats of Black Velvet nail polish on your nails as a basecoat. You may also use other colors than black… we chose black since the theme is Halloween. Allow nails to dry fully to ensure that you will not mess up the design by doing the next steps too soon.
2. On your thumbnail, draw a circle using Pumpkin nail polish. Allow it to dry for a few seconds.
3. Once the orange circle is dry, paint two eyes, a nose, and a mouth inside it using Light Red nail polish.
4. Put a dot of Lemon Yellow nail polish inside each eye to create an effect of burning eyes for your Jack-o-Lantern nail designs.
5. For the nose and mouth of Jack-o-Lantern, just add Black Velvet nail polish.
6. Inside the Jack-o-Lantern’s eyes, add a small dot of black nail polish inside the Lemon Yellow nail polish.
7. To make a perfect Jack-o-Lantern nail art design, paint a stem above the circle using Jade or another green color of nail polish.
Pumpkin and jack-o-lantern Halloween nail art can be created fairly easily at home. Paint your own Halloween nail designs to match your costume or just to show off at school or work. Have fun painting jack-o-lantern and pumpkin nail designs and then try a new style of Halloween nail art next week. Leave us a comment if you have any other tips on creating Halloween nail art designs!
Photography by Jennifer M. Marimon.
Nail art by Mercury Saballa.